[aprssig] Tracker Smart Pathing

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Tue Mar 21 14:37:00 EST 2006

Jason,
  See below:

Huh?  "Smart Beaconing" can consume an inordinate amount of bandwidth.  We
saw a mobile using smart beaconing with a wide3-3 path driving a round a
city neighborhood.  Every time he turned a corner he would send a position
packet and a telemetry packet.  I was seeing 2 and 3 copies of every packet
he sent.  Virtually saturated the channel for miles around by just driving
around the block.  Doesn't sound too smart to me.

There is no way a Kenwood could cause that amount of traffic.  Perhaps you
could explain why you consider Kenwoods to be bandwidth hungry devices?

Bill KC9XG