[aprssig] Message reject behavior

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Mon Mar 20 13:23:21 EST 2006

On Mar 20, 2006, at 12:01 PM, <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:

> Last I heard, it was a single-character payload that it decoded.  Has
> that
> changed now?

Not that I know of.

> I've got two authentication modes planned so far - callsign-based,
> where it
> just matches the sending call against a predefined list (working as of
> yesterday), and a cryptographic message authentication code.  I'm also
> thinking about a simpler scheme that you could use from a D7 or D700,
> and
> calculate the code in your head.

For some situations a list of one time passwords would work.  Don't
worry about the oder they get used.  Your one time passwords could be
well and truly random, too, and more difficult to break.  For balloons
or seldom visited digis, etc, a new password list could be loaded
occasionally.

for stations that are difficult to visit (mountain top digis,
satellites, etc) this would not be practical.

-Jason
kg4wsv