[aprssig] GPS to TNC APRS packet processor

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 04:28:05 EST 2006

The only real advantage would be that the TNC could receive too.
Perhaps initiating a posit on behalf of a recipient.  Or, (subject to
display hardware being present) actualy display a message for the
mobile/portable opp'.  Hmmm...  Thinks...  Been done before, TH-D7 or
700?

Maybe there are GPS's on the market that can display "user" messages.
If so, for a limited number of users, no doubt it would be a nice idea.

An interesting "Project" (a cut down Tracker or clone?) but not sure if
there would be a mass market for it.  As to different NMEA "Idea's".
True.  But, the basic information will always be spat out in the same
form.  After all, you can hang a GPS RX from just about whoever makes
them, and so long as you can get a NMEA string into whatever gadget or
software you have, it will get passed and processed as needed.  Just
that if you want course, speed and height, you need to detect and
process at least two NMEA sentences.  Now, at the moment, not many
"gadgets" can do that, can they?

Dave G0WBX.