[aprssig] DIN Connectors

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu Mar 16 19:41:38 EST 2006

>     Can someone tell me the right Jameco part number for that
> DIN connector
> (so I can make a cable harness)?  Or can you tell me where is
> a better place
> to get it from?

5-pin DIN connectors, right?  If you want cables, try looking for MIDI
cables.  You can get them for under $5 per cable - I think the Commodore 64
used the same thing for peripheral connections.

For the connector itself, you probably want p/n 15879, but I'm just going by
the description and haven't tried it myself.

For 6-pin mini-DIN cables, I've been selling beige computer style ones, but
I just got a good deal on black audio style 3' patch cables that should be
good for packet use, and should fit better in recessed jacks.  They'll
probably be in next week, for maybe $1.50 each.

Scott
N1VG