[aprssig] Killer APRS use! ;)

Alan WA4SCA WA4SCA at AMSAT.ORG
Wed Mar 8 08:14:22 EST 2006

Hi,

I came across the following application, which seems custom made for APRS,
on REC.RADIO.AMATEUR.EQUIPMENT.  Assuming Shelly is not a Galapagos turtle,
it will need a very small unit.  ;)

Alan
WA4SCA

Every year, Shelly the tortoise gets lost or manages to escape the garden.
It can take days to find her.  I would like to build a locating device so
that I can track her down.
The basic requirements are:

a) that the 'transmitter (transponder?) on the tortoise is as small as
possible.

b) that it can be made by an electronics numpty.  I  have basic soldering
skills, and can eventually work out a circuit diagram.

TIA
Floatything (an escapee from uk.rec.sailing)