[aprssig] New APRS Client, Request for Developers

Gregory A. Carter aprssig at gcarter.infodns.com
Tue Mar 7 19:19:09 EST 2006

When we started OpenAPRS a year ago we searched the net for anything with that name and came up with nothing but a newsgroup post years ago... and so we began...

The answer to your second email about the city/state always showing up Napa is that since it's using an AJAX style interface it's not refreshing the whole page but reading an XML request in the background.

I'll see what is causing it and get it to update based on lat/long.

Linking to the site would be:

http://www.openaprs.net/?source=<callsign>
or
http://www.openaprs.net/?zip=<zip/city,state>

However you can also get an XML feed (which is what our AJAX system uses) buy linking to the backend system:

http://www.openaprs.net/ajax/query.php?zip=
http://www.openaprs.net/ajax/query.php?source=
http://www.openaprs.net/ajax/locate.php?zip=

I'm still working on a good method to be able to incorporate the map system on a third party website.  I'll probably set that up as an iFrame.

Greg

---
Gregory Carter
n7nxs at n6nar.org