[aprssig] Graphics

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Thu Mar 2 11:03:30 EST 2006

Hi all,

I may be missing something, so I'll pose the question..

APRS for dos may cover many bases, or all of them, but why are the
graphics still lingering in the 1980s? When I use it and have some of
the many rings, stations, tracks being displayed, the maps become so
cluttered and unreadable it's awful.. This is with most any map I've tried.

I think if the resolution of the image were more like the current
monitors resolution of 800x640 or higher, that the screen of Dos APRS
could be made higher??

Is there a setting when initiating DosAPRS that sets the screen resolution?

Why isn't there a better screen display in this program after all these
years?

Robbie