[aprssig] Adding Water Gage and VOLTS info to APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jun 28 16:59:49 EDT 2006

Scott,

Good question.  I was hoping that Vvvv could be added to
existing WX formats since it is consistent with all the other
WX fields and since they are supposed to be extensible, then
this would work (and still be backwards compatible).

So you could add Vvvv to any stand-alone WX systems.

But I dont see any reason why it could not be looked
for in any other position formats, though it is not that
unique so there might be some false positives.  But
if the device reports volts, then it would pick it up
every time...

I think it would be nice to use this Vvvv standard
since it is compatible with WX...

Just some thoughts.
Bob

>>> scott at opentrac.org 06/28/06 4:51 PM >>>
Does the Vxxx apply only to weather formats?  The OpenTracker uses xx.xV in
the status/comment text, but it wasn't really meant to be machine-parseable.

Scott
N1VG