[aprssig] APRS Voice Alert

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Wed Jun 28 09:34:07 EDT 2006

Hey Bob, I'm just to the East of Knoxville.

We have a new digi that will go up soon (as soon as they guy that ownes the
tower can arrange for someone to climb the tower and mount the antenna) that
will be following the new paradigm to the letter (at least that's the plan).
So one day, you should be able to drive thru the area with the new settings
and get digi'd.

As for the Voice Alert station...I guess that's one of the down sides to
pushing for people to use it, some of them just don't get it. Where were you
when you were hearing the Voice Alert station transmitting?

By the way, I've noticed something similar in Memphis; I hear a station with
Voice Alert, I put out a call on 144.39 with the PL and have never got a
response.