[aprssig] APRS Voice Alert

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jun 27 17:55:28 EDT 2006

>... but in the local Knoxville TN area we have several stations...

Moe,
I noticed you are in Knoxville.

I drove through their this last week and it seems that
RELAY and WIDE are still needed to get out?

Also someone appears to be on APRS voice-alert with packets,
yet never responded to a call.  I hope the area does not have
some one down there transmitting PL100 packets
from a home station with no one in the shack.

Calling Voice-alert CQ that way 24/7 ruins APRS voice alert for everyone...

If you have  a chance, you or others  might listen with any rig
set to CTCSS-100 and see if you hear his packets.
If he is not mobile and not at his station, then he
should not be transmitting PL100 (APRS voice alert).

 just some observations
thanks...
de Wb4APR, Bob