[aprssig] weather filtering, or is this a dead horse, and i'm holding a club?

kc9umr at freqradio.com kc9umr at freqradio.com
Mon Jun 26 22:40:06 EDT 2006

Came out of the hospital this evening, and noticed there were SIXTEEN
messages on my D700.

Half of them were for KENTUCKY and OHIO related events (I'm in
chicagoland)...  others simply said "flood"....

I realize that the generic "FLOOD" warnings are sortof on the sender's end
as far as "where the #(&@@!! is flooding??" issues....

but is there a way to filter what messages i get to within XX or XXX
miles??  or is there a way to filter the way they're sent??

i'll go back to sleep now...

thanks
Ken