[aprssig] EOC coming thru APRS-IS regardless

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Jun 24 17:44:36 EDT 2006

The problem is that the packet is invalid.  Maybe they were trying to
make an object and didn't do it right or maybe they meant @ instead of
*.  They are also potentially illegal as there is no station
identification in that packet or any others that I see.

The reason you are seeing the packets are because 7 days ago (yes, a
server's memory is from last restart) there was an EOC station at
34.42633333333333,-100.20483333333334  Since the packets from Bell Co.
EOC are invalid, that is the last position seen for EOC on APRS-IS.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net