[aprssig] Tier 2 Status

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Wed Jun 21 12:46:50 EDT 2006

Since Randy W7RSW shut down his NWT2 port when he moved out of our area, Jim
Fuller N7VR set up his Montana port to support the Pacific Northwest and
plug the hole left by Randy's move.  You can access the information on the
Montana2 server at:

	http://montana.aprs2.net:14501/

I personally use Port 14577 which is a filtered port and includes the entire
NW APRS Groups coverage area.  Jim filtered out the CW weather stations from
this port at my request since I personally did not want to see those
stations on my screen.  Using this port, typically puts around 800 stations
on my screen and has been working flawlessly.  Port 14580 is the user
defined port.

I want to thank Randy W7RSW for providing this service to us in the
Northwest for the past few years and wish him well in his relocating to
Utah.  I also want to thank Jim N7VR for jumping in and supporting our
Northwest APRS Network.

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.info