[aprssig] APRS Formats, truncation or rounding?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 20 09:54:11 EDT 2006

1) Mic-E
2) Non-Compressed Standard APRS Format

These two types of posits contain lat/long's down to 100's of a
minute.  When creating the packets, what do the devices do with the
remaining minutes digits?  Truncate?  Round?

Both hardware devices and software can create these two types of
packets, so this includes D7A's, D700A's, TinyTraks, OpenTrackers,
other hardware trackers, all of the APRS clients, etc.

Would we need experiments with each type of hardware/software using
a GPS in simulator mode to determine this?