[aprssig] aprsd passcode problems - unverified

Patrick Green pagreen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 00:43:31 EDT 2006

Hi All,

  Does anyone know how to circumvent the aprspass algorythym in aprsd?  I
can't seem to get my systems to talk bi-directional because of passcode
problems.  I have the correct passcode set on the server.  Any ideas?  When
I look thru the code, I see things about local accounts on the system.  How
do the real APRS servers work(I don't have local accounts there)?  Ethereal
shows that the program is sending the right passcode along so it's not a
translation issue over the network connection.  It says that I'm unverified.

The version of software is 2.2.5-15

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF