[aprssig] Rotor control

Bill Bell bill at gatewayeast.com
Mon Jun 19 14:57:58 EDT 2006

The following codes are for the Rotor-EZ card used in the Yaesu SDX series
rotors. I suspect the codes would be the same for the Rotor-EX card but
can't say for sure.

RS232 config requires 4800 8N1

"AP1xxx"	sets the target bearing but does not execute (leading zeros
must be used)
"AM1;"	executes rotation to the bearing set by the above command
"A|1;"	inquires current bearing and responds with (000-359) degrees
";"		terminates rotation

Each command is followed by a carriage return

The documentation tells you to select Rotor-EZ or HyGain DCU-1.

In the rotor settings for TRX-Manager there are approximately 10 different
rotors listed so they apparently each use their own commands.

Bill Bell
W9BEL