[aprssig] Preliminary delayed packet analysis

Sean Jewett sean at rimboy.com
Mon Jun 19 09:28:57 EDT 2006

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, AE5PL Lists wrote:

> This is not a question of "horsepower".  As I stated before, it is a
> question of what breaks when you do this (like messaging).  It is also a
> question of getting 400+ sysops to do make this change (I have no idea
> if aprsD even has this as an option).  So, IMO it is not worth the
> effort simply to mask the problems (and make them harder to diagnose)
> especially when you will introduce new problems with this "fix".

If dupe checking in aprsd is based on the history it maintains then yes,
this is configurable (there's a configurable time limit on how much
history it will maintain).  However, in the case of RIMiGate (aprsd on a
bootable linux floppy) the amount of history you can store becomes a
function of how much memory is in your system since everything is running
off a ramdisk.

Sean...

--
The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
 	--Old 97's