[aprssig] Road Trip so far...my experience

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jun 19 08:32:06 EDT 2006

Not meaning to sound like a broken record, but running Voice
Alert would alert you almost like radar that someone else
running V-alert was in simplex range.  Just a thought... bob

>>> n0yxv at gihams.org 06/19/06 1:00 AM >>>
> N0YXV apparently messaged me to tell me about a passing another
> mobile APRS station, K3BZG-9, but I was likely on the edge of
> coverage and my signal was probably getting out better than I can
> hear...  That's unfortunate, it could have been fun if I noticed the
> other station.

I think the reason you didn't get the message had more to do with my IGate
than your reception. My IGate N0YXV-1 experienced some weird problems after
a lighting/wind storm the other day. I finally reset it yesterday and the
weirdness went away.