[aprssig] Dead Reckoning in APRS

Wes Johnston,AI4PX wes at kd4rdb.com
Sun Jun 18 22:18:55 EDT 2006

I really like the implementation in xastir... it shows the icon's last
position and "ghosts" a version of the icon at the dead reconed position. It
also (very nice!) draws an uncertainty arc that shows you a semicircle of
where the station might be.   I'm not sure how it decides what portion of an
arc to draw but it seems to vary with the speed of the object and the length
of time since last heard.  This method of projection works on curvey roads.

Wes