[aprssig] Preliminary delayed packet analysis

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Fri Jun 16 09:00:26 EDT 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 9:08 PM, Stan - N0YXV wrote:

> I think it might just open the eyes of some of the people that
> still think
> WIDE5-5 is a good idea.

No, they'd just be proud that they got gated 250 times with that
really powerful VHF signal.  ;)

I see a few people doing things like:

WIDE3-3,WIDE3-3,WIDE3-3 as paths.  Clearly some digi somewhere is
trapping WIDE4+...

One of these is a weather station!!!  Of all things I care about, the
weather 500 miles away is not one of them!

I don't see that type of behavior changing regarding IGates with
education, unfortunately.

That said, I do think it would give considerate operators an idea of
their local network.