[aprssig] New User Question(s)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jun 13 13:18:25 EDT 2006

>> "First hop only".   GOod idea!
>> Seems like an excellent way to design a fill-in digi!
>
>How should the first hop be recognized?
>I'm thinking no H bits set...

I was thinking just the first bit.  But again, I think your
idea is better, because yours would work in the case
of any pre-emptive digipeaters picking up on anything
in the path.  So I agree with you above...

> and n=N for the first multi-hop address encountered.

Ah yes,  you are right.  That too...

> I was also thinking about a delayed digi function - the packet
>could be held for a couple of seconds to listen for another
>digipeater.

That should be a separate function like you suggest.  Some times
that might be applicable, and sometimes not...  But would be
nice for fill-in digis that would not have to also digipeat the
packet if the other digi already did...  problem is what is the
delay?  Hummh....
Bob