[aprssig] New User Question(s)

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jun 13 13:07:38 EDT 2006

> "First hop only".   GOod idea!
> Seems like an excellent way to design a fill-in digi!    Bob

How should the first hop be recognized?  I'm thinking no H bits set, and n=N
for the first multi-hop address encountered.  That'll break on WIDE2-1, but
I suppose the point of 2-1 is that you don't want fill-in digis anyway.

I was also thinking about a delayed digi function - the packet could be held
for a couple of seconds to listen for another digipeater.  It shouldn't be
too hard to implement with the existing dupe checking code, but as someone
else pointed out it might screw up things like the HamHUD.

Scott
N1VG