[aprssig] Aprs used during fire

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jun 13 13:16:10 EDT 2006

 > Portable weather stations would have been nice.  If we'd had 4 of them we
could have placed them around the perimeter of the fire and known when the
smoke was going to shift.

Any ideas on implementing this?  I think you'd need a fairly sturdy folding
tripod for each unit, something that could be staked down or held down with
bricks.  The AAG anemometers can be easily mounted on a pole.  It might be
possible to build an OpenTracker into a pipe segment with some C or D cell
batteries, with a BNC on top for an antenna.  Or you could do it in a
Pelican case and bolt it to the pole.

Scott
N1VG