[aprssig] [EE] MSP430 - EZ430 chips, connectors, et al.

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Tue Jun 6 17:16:35 EDT 2006

I did a lot of snooping around various vendors etc. Digikey has the
chips, MSP430F2013, in both 14 pin DIP and TSSOP-14 ... some more
snooping and a tricky 30 minutes with my calipers and I found that
dad-blamed connector is nothing more than a .050 socket/pin header
combination ... 'nothing more than' is an understatement by a long
shot the price differential between the ubiquitous .100 spaced
headers and the .050 is a factor 4-5.

To make the long story short. I ordered 25 F2013s in 14 pin DIP and a
half dozen in TSSOP-14. I already had a few of the TSSOP-28
surfboards I mentioned in a previous message. I expect delivery of
the parts tomorrow (7 June) and will mount two or three,check it out,
and post pictures.

About 15 of the 25 chips are committed right now. I can have more in
hand by Monday if there is a run on the chips. If the TSSOP-28
surfboard works out OK and there is a demand it will take abut ten
days to get those boards in hand, and 3 days to get the chips.

I established a Web Blog page that accepts comments and attachments
at <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/> Just follow the MSP430 Link. All the
details so far are there and I will continue to update it. If you do
send pix of your 430 projects please slim them down for web consumption.

----
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
  <http://www.wulfden.org/DiskShop.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 LCD Controller Kit
       FT817 Power Conditioner Kit