[aprssig] Delayed packets

Tim Cunningham tim_cunningham at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 6 12:22:09 EDT 2006

If the delay is in a digipeater, somebody could have DWAIT programmed to
something other than 0. In this scenario, if a digipeater delayed and waited
for a clear channel because DWAIT was greater than zero, the packet could be
delayed in a busy network. The delay could depend on how much activity is on
the network. This would be a real good argument for DWAIT=0 on a digi or
SlotTime=1 and PPersitance=255 on a UIDIGI. The other possible parameter
would be an extreme setting for TXdelay in the case of a digipeater. If the
issue is not related to a digipeater, then these settings would not be
applicable. I have seen cases in the past where a digipeater would fire off
a load of packets waiting in the queue because of these parameter settings.
However, eight minutes is a rather lengthy period of time.

Tim - N8DEU