[aprssig] Delayed packets

Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV aprs at almostanywhere.com
Tue Jun 6 11:37:25 EDT 2006

I recently had a discussion with some others about this very subject.
He was in Huntsville, Alabama and his packet was immediately I-Gated
by the local Huntsville I-Gate and 8 minutes later, after 4 or 5
update packets, his position was I-Gated by my javaprssrvr running on
a Gateway 2000 P200 with a built in serial port. I know the packet
went through 2 digis to get to me about 100 miles north in Tennessee.
The delay seemed to be in the digipeaters.

Bruce, KQ4TV