[aprssig] findu.com Location off by 100 miles.

jemllc at bellsouth.net jemllc at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 4 22:22:41 EDT 2006

>From KF4PVT:

I am new to packet and APRS.  Using a Garmin etrex Vista gps interfaced
with TH-D7. My location on findu.com is appears about 100 miles due
north of my actual location. This has happened each time I have checked
my indicated location with my actual. My gps seems to be working fine
and receives other stations and I think is plotting them accurately.

 GPS = NMEA, set at 4800 baud

TH-D7
 144.390 freq,. TNC on, Beacon displayed, .TX Delay = 750 ms, My
Callsign KF4PVT, GPS Unit NMEA, Waypoint 9digit=NMEA, MY POSITION  = N
33 25.21 W 086 50.85, POS AMBIGU =4digits, POS COMMENT + In Service, Pos
Limit = 10 mi., Status TX 1/6, Packet Path RELAY, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1, (
ALSO TRIED WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1, DATA TX = (used both AUTO & PTT), TX
INTERVAL = 2 min., PK002, AUTO REPLY  (ON & OFF), MSG GROUP =
ALL,QST,CQ,KWD, PACKET SPEED = 1200.

All suggestions are appreciated.

JIM MORGAN  KF4PVT
jemllc at bellsouth.net