[aprssig] Mounting 2M Xcvr in '05 Toyota Camry

J. Gary Bender, WS5N WS5N at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 26 19:30:44 EDT 2006

I have wondered if the placement of the car's broadcast antenna is any indication of possible problems.  I noticed that all Honda and Toyota hybrids have external antennas mounted away from the engine.  In the case of the Honda, at least, that is how the salesman spotted hybrids to show me.  My VW diesel has the antenna at the back of the roof, too.  I have not noticed if that is only on diesels, however.

No problems with 50 watts on 2 meters with the VW TDI.  Have not tried the HF mobile yet.
--
    J. Gary Bender, WS5N
    DM54rp