[aprssig] Rigs and Cars

Ron rgilson at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 25 18:03:32 EDT 2006

I've been running transceivers in my cars since 1957 with 5 to 125 watts output without any interference.  Also worked for a two way shop and installed lots of after market lighting, computers and transceivers without trouble.  One of my cars was receiving a signal on 146.940mhz when the engine was running.  In those days with only single channel receivers (I'm really dating myself now) I had no choice but to "Pad" the car computer clock with a 10 pf capacitor and still no problem in performance.  Those were the days that the car computers were poorly designed and leaked clock all over the place.  Good luck and let the group know what you decide and the results.
Ron
WA2WWK