[aprssig] Mounting 2M Xcvr in '05 Toyota Camry

Vince Walton rradiohham232 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 25 12:18:19 EDT 2006

Matthew,

I have an Yaesu FT-8100 in my 2000 Camry, I placed it
in when the car was still very new, and never had any
problems, even at 50 watts. The first time that tried
it out, I started at the low power setting and moved
up the power while driving the car, expecting
something maybe happen, but it has been in the car for
several years now and never had any problems.

I would be sure to route any RF cables away from any
wires in the car, I mounted the radio in the trunk,
with just the remote head up front, this way, most of
the RF will be away from computers and sensors.

GL and 73
Vince, K6BIR