[aprssig] Nuclear Power Plant Icon?

Mike Galgano mgalgano at starband.net
Fri Jul 21 11:56:07 EDT 2006

I'm more interested in the science of it, so I'll chime in even if this
doesn't prove practical.

I know some folks in the scrap metal business who have detectors around
the main truck entrance so they don't get a 'hot load'. They seem to be
quite sensitive. I don't know what detectors they are, or the surface
area of the detector. I'll see if I can find out this weekend. They tell
stories of detecting very small amounts of active material...

Regards,

Mike Galgano
KB7PUX