[aprssig] vehicle laptop mount for APRS rig

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Jul 18 15:14:47 EDT 2006

On Jul 18, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Jim Lux wrote:

> Aside from the mechanical and power aspects, you also need to consider
> thermal effects.

Yep.  My application would be occasional use, and the vehicle would be
running pretty much 100% of the time the computer is in operation.

If it were installed permanently, I think it would be a close race to
see what killed it first: vibration or thermal stress.

> In lots of places, it's pretty easy to get the interior temperature of
> the car up above 50C (122F),

it's almost that hot outside today. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv