[aprssig] Re: Unreasonable xmission delay

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jul 16 12:09:09 EDT 2006

>>> w9jbl at comcast.net 07/16/06 9:56 AM >>>
>Also, when I listened to 144.390 yesterday here at
>home, it was non-stop packet-racket.  It was impossible
>for my system to get thru the 1st hop on the
>digi here (WA9CJN-15).
>>
>>> One of our club members reported a big opening in 2m and 6m last nite.

Good point.  These band openings could really do
that to our DCD lights.   Of course if that is normal
for any given area, then it might be a good idea
to check all the surrounding digis and see if they support
the New-N protocol.

I see that WA9CJN is fully New-N compliant, so this comment
is not to you, but a general kibitz...

Getting most digis to set parameters to the New-N paradigm
droped our channel from 100% QRM down to periods as long
as 10 seconds now when no packets are heard...  But
we all still see each other, just more reliably now.
Bob