[aprssig] APRS station on voice repeater - how to monitor

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Mon Jul 10 14:38:39 EDT 2006

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Mark Earle wrote:

> >>I have the usual Mon on, MCON, MCOM, MSTAMP etc to no avail.... I've had a
> >>brain fart on how to get the decoding done........
>
> You may need MALL ON, MCON ON, MCOM ON

   Thanks for the suggestion... but unfortunately all those were on as
well as Monitor.. must have been a handheld or low power mobile since I
couldn't hear the signal on the input (and I can hear most city stations
direct).

   What is really weird, one of my digi's was a culprit about 5 years
ago. At the time I had left the microphone connected to the FT-2600 and
someone decided it would be nice using a 400 foot tower to talk to
repeaters... they left it on a repeater channel and someone did decode my
packets at the time to let me know.

  I have since locked the radio and removed the mic!

 --
...DOUG
KD4MOJ