[aprssig] APRS station on voice repeater - how to monitor

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Sun Jul 9 22:21:47 EDT 2006

>>I have the usual Mon on, MCON, MCOM, MSTAMP etc to no avail.... I've had a
>>brain fart on how to get the decoding done........

You may need MALL ON, MCON ON, MCOM ON

Those should do it if you are getting a whole packet. You may have trouble
if the offending signal is mixed voice and data, and it is not likely you
will decoded unless you hear the station direct.

His Transmit has pre-emphasis

The repeater likely is not "flat" (few are), but adds more pre-emphasis

The tones to make the data are now double-emphasized.

So you need to decode on the input, and that means getting a signal at your
receive site somewhat above the noise floor.