[aprssig] APRS station on voice repeater - how to monitor

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Jul 10 00:33:46 EDT 2006

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> This is exactly why Signal Strength Signal location was built
> into APRS.

That is if you have to resort to tracking it down. If it's like most APRS
stations, it will actually be transmitting a callsign, latitude and
longitude. Just need to get someone to copy it. Of course, the operator
could enter a bogus callsign and or lat/long. Then it gets a bit more
interesting. However, it is probably like the original poster suggested and
someone inadvertently QSYd to the repeater frequency. Should be pretty
easy to track down, but there's nothing to stop people from trying to track
it down with omni DFing as well.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH