[aprssig] Inernet Server Challenge

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Jul 9 12:57:11 EDT 2006

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> What we need is a FREE HAM radio program that
> runs on a PC and the internet and LOOKS like a
> HAM radio... (with) no other human distractions
> such as race and gender and age and accent.

Let me see if I've got this straight... you're proposing a video game to get
young people interested in amateur radio? (Couldn't resist!) Sounds like a
good idea and it could work. I'm not sure why you think that race, gender
age or accent are a distraction - in life or in amateur radio - but the
concept sounds interesting. Anything that is "fun" will attract people to
the hobby. Amateur radio is a lot of different things to different people. A
program like you are describing could get a lot of new people interested,
and not just young people.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH