[aprssig] Re: APRS Video Podcast Distribution Challenge

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:29:12 EDT 2006

>  BUT, you have to download the entire file before playing it.  I would much
> rather have a lower quality video image and be able to stream the video.

I can't do a streaming video, but I can probably set it up so that it
can play as a "progressive download".  That way you can start playing
it before it is 100% downloaded.  This shouldn't be much of an issue
if you are using iTunes to view the podcast.

I'll also try to get a version posted to Google video, but they have
been rejecting it because they say it doesn't meet their terms of
service requirements.  I'm not sure why this is and it is hard to get
any type of "customer service" from Google.

> What was the point of the video?... who was it's intended audience?   Was it
> edited from the 'original' version?  Was it made for this podcast, or are
> you just taking anything related to APRS?

I was concerned about using this as the first video since it doesn't
really explain anything.  I posted it first because it is the smallest
video that I've produced for the podcast.  I'm sort of using it as a
test to make sure that the servers it is hosted on can handle the
traffic.  I think has the weeks go by and more and more video podcast
episodes come online that you will see the theme more clearly.