[aprssig] findU radar

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Tue Jan 31 15:50:01 EST 2006

Just an FYI: This came to my attention last week and appears to be (for
the moment) focused on the southern region.  I had moved where
jfindu.net gets its gifs in 2004 or early 2005 to the national web site
when they mirrored everything there (www.nws.noaa.gov) so it has not had
any interruptions of service.  radar.weather.gov is now the DNS they use
on their radar page so I updated jfindu.net to that.  They are different
IP addresses (assume different servers) but both still provide
up-to-date gifs.

I do intend to look into the Ridge product as the maps are a lot nicer
(don't know how much more or less accurate, though).  As with findu,
making use of that product would take time to determine projection,
limits, and displaying layered images of different types.  Always
something fun ;-)

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net