[aprssig] KPC 3

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Jan 28 17:54:52 EST 2006

Jacques N4JCV wrote on Jan 28 2006

> Hi everybody, I have a KPC-3 that is locked up and I lost the manual, can
> anybody tell me which jumper allows you to make a hard reset and if you
> have a drawing that shows it I will appreciate if you could e-mail it to
> me direct.

This is from the KPC-3+ manual. I would have to run downstairs to see if it
was different for a KPC-3. I was going to copy & paste from the PDF file,
but it came out all gibberish, so I'll adlib it...

Hard Reset: open the KPC-3 and place a jumper on J11. Apply power to the
TNC. If you have a terminal program connected at 1200 bps, you should see a
confirmation message. Turn the power off. I seem to recall that you
shouldn't leave it turned on too long with J11 in place. Remove J11 and
re-assemble and power it back on again. All parameters should be reset and
the mailbox contents will be lost.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH