[aprssig] APRS In A Car

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Fri Jan 27 09:21:30 EST 2006

Dave Baxter wrote:
> A lot of modern cars do not have "Always on" power ports any more.  It
> seems to depend on the philosophy of the individual maker.  The Honda
> Accord I have now does not.  Other cars I've had in the last 5 years
> have..

I ran a #10 feed from the battery to the cockpit to the center console above the
radio in my honda.  There is a little snap in block there (for a feature that
the car did not have) that is just the size of the 4 port snap in:

	<http://www.powerwerx.com/product.asp?ProdID=1784&CtgID=1681>

Now I have 4 ports of power any time and I plug my radio, 500 watt inverter and
some other things in there.  I have a powerpole to female cig-lighter plug that
allows one to plug in convential car enabled devices.

Gregg Wonderly