[aprssig] APRS in a Car

AA3JY at Winlink.org AA3JY at Winlink.org
Fri Jan 27 08:03:51 EST 2006

Dave wrote:

A lot of modern cars do not have "Always on" power ports any more.  It
seems to depend on the philosophy of the individual maker.  The Honda
Accord I have now does not.  Other cars I've had in the last 5 years
have..
You think that is bad...
BMW's single-wire, CAN-bus electrical system, which greatly reduces the number of wires used in the main harness and dramatically reduces weight and complexity.  Part of the CAN-bus is a new fully electronic instrument cluster featuring Info-Flatscreen for additional system information available at a glance.

One would wonder if RF will have any affect on this new system...

Regards,

Clay AA3JY
(via WL2K)