[aprssig] BUSTED TM-D700 - 2nd time

Andy Gonzales KG6RWO at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 23:40:19 EST 2006

FIXED IT.  Thanks , ugly but serviceable, so far

Now I need to think about why it happened. The first time, KW said they replaced the TNC board but didn't mention any zero-ohm resistors. Of course, when my laptop power connector failed mechanically, HP said they replaced the keyboard.

The second time, I fixed the open resistor.  About 3 weeks ago, while operating both the radio and a laptop off the car power system, the radio screen began to fade every time a Tx was made.  This, after working fine many times before.  This may relate to the parallel thread "APRS in a car"

Thanks again and 7 3