[aprssig] APRS In A Car

John Gleichweit smokeybehr at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 26 09:11:53 EST 2006

They don't have the size wire necessary to provide power to anything
considerable like a mobile rig. Also, you're going through the wiring
harness, which could add noise to the power and in turn, to the RF
output signal. I don't use the power ports for anything more than a 1A
draw. Anything more than that, and it's wired direct to the battery
(or directly wired fuse block).

--
John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
IPN-CAL023 N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852