[aprssig] Re: KPC-3

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Jan 25 11:55:29 EST 2006

> >  If that's true, then maybe I should avoid getting a Kantronic unit.

I believe we amateurs need to seriously conside the "exit plan" of
our hardware and software suppliers and support strongly those with
a reasonable plan.

> The TNC-X is KISS only, so if you're looking for traditional
> connected mode packet you don't want it.

Traditional "stand alone" connectect mode..   Very few packet applications
don't support KISS mode.   It's where you want to use the TNC as a
PBBS mailbox or similar that a KISS only box won't help.   Of course
"the slug" may change all of that real soon now.

Bill, WA7NWP