[aprssig] APRS (Fire) In A Car

Rahn whiskey7doa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:16:12 EST 2006

What I do is have a very large wire (4 ga.) running from the battery to
where my radio equipment is located. In my case, underneath the rear
seat of my pickup. At that point I have a fuse box, or power
distrobution block, that has each item fused with their own fuse and
each item has their own lead. The power distrobution block is then
grounded to the car chasis with another 4 ga. wire. So each piece of
equipement has a substantial power supply with a substantial ground.
Works out quite well, really.

Find the local radio shop that installs radios for your local
police/fire/ems and they will have or can get a power distrobution block
complete with fuse holders for you. I happen to know the guy here
locally so he gave me one but you should be able to get one there for
about $10. Plus what ever it costs for heavy gauge wire.