[aprssig] VHF Aircraft Channels

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 01:12:19 EST 2006

Use of aviation radio frequencies requires an FCC license.  If you don't
have a license you can probably operate under the control of a licensed
aviation service organization.  Usually one that operates at the airport the
plane is kept at.  You would want to ask the plane's pilot what frequency to
use.  I know that 123.450 MHz is commonly used for informal chit-chat among
pilots.