[aprssig] VHF Aircraft Channels

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 01:12:19 EST 2006

Use of aviation radio frequencies requires an FCC license.  If you don't
have a license you can probably operate under the control of a licensed
aviation service organization.  Usually one that operates at the airport the
plane is kept at.  You would want to ask the plane's pilot what frequency to
use.  I know that 123.450 MHz is commonly used for informal chit-chat among

On 1/23/06, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> Hummh... We all have these radios that tune the
> 118-137 MHz AM aircraft band...  But what channels
> are available to communicate plane to plane or
> plane to ground?
> Our aerospace department has a plane they fly
> occasionally for flight studies.  What channel
> can I talk to them on to coordinate some GPS
> experiements for example?  (That isnt too
> crowded)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.tapr.org/pipermail/aprssig_lists.tapr.org/attachments/20060124/696f2d63/attachment.html>

More information about the aprssig mailing list