[aprssig] Re: BUSTED TM-D700 - 2nd time

Arte Booten n2zrc at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 21 20:24:56 EST 2006

Hi all,

Andy G. wrote:

>The problem manifests as an inability for the GPS signal to get to the TNC.
>Troubleshooting confirms that it is not the GPS or the cabling.

      Are you sure that it's not a problem with the contacts in the GPS plug in
the D700?  Sometimes  they get a little bent  from plugging and unplugging the
jack from the GPS cable.  I've had this problem with both the D700 and D7. The
fix is to bend the end of a paper clip to make a little barb, then stick it in
the hole and bend back (gently!) the contacts.  Unfortunately, these plugs are
enclosed in their own little plastic enclosure, so opening up the radio to fix
the bent contacts isn't a viable option.                                    73
|  Mr. Arthur "Arte" Booten   Riverdale, NY  <n2zrc!rEm0vEn0sPaM!@arrl.net>  |
|   Cruise Missile Coordinates: 4052.71 N / 07354.06 W            [FN30bv]   |
|   PGP Key Fingerprint: C890 6698 3881 771E 2F9C 34FE 9F59 7A3A A269 02E5   |