[aprssig] SSID Usage

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 15:28:45 EST 2006

Herb and the group,

To each his own I guess, but as I took Bob Bruninga's advice after the
subject came up when the D7s and D-700s first hit the market, and that
was THD-7s were -7 and the TMD-700s were -1  This, remembering his
logic, was to tell everyone that "I am using a message capable radio!"

Quite a while after that, it is up for grabs, and I resort to the device
indication of the TO identifier to recognize a "Dumb" tracker if I
wanted to send a message to the mobile...

FWIW,  Robbie