[aprssig] RE: Radio Shack (NOT)

KC2MMi kc2mmi at verizon.net
Fri Jan 20 13:57:36 EST 2006

Bob-
 My local Rat Shack had moved all the unprofitable components from the pegboards
to a "tool drawers" type cabinet a couple of years ago. Couple of months ago I
needed a 50-cent UHF bulkhead socket and went down prepared to pay $3.50 for it.
The clerk finally took me into the BACK ROOM where the cabinet now lives, and we
had to go exploring.
 No the future isn't bright but then again even Home Depot and Target carry
S-Video, USB, and Cat5 cables.<G> Rat Shack just can't justify stocking things
that the mass market aren't ever going to buy and we all knew that was coming.
What do the Darwinists say? "Adapt, evolve or die!"

 Personally I've been expected Rat Shack to go out of business for over a decade
now, there's nothing they do or sell that someone else can't do
bigger-better-faster-cheaper in a mass market.